Leader: Shirley Lal
Learn and enjoy the delights of North Indian cuisine in a friendly atmosphere in the leader’s home.
The programme starts with vegetarian dishes and will develop as the term unfolds. Ingredients will be provided to members at cost.
- Dates: Restarting mid-September
- When: Tuesdays, 12.30 pm followed by lunch!
- Location: Leader’s home, NW11
- Frequency: Monthly
- Charges: A nominal contribution of £5 – £7 for ingredients
- Number of places: 5 — please contact leader first
Leader: Elizabeth Alcock
This group will depend on the weather and Blackthorn! We will gather sloes to freeze at home first. The following week we will use them to make sloe gin, ready for the winter festivals. Sloe gin needs a minimum of 6 weeks to mature — longer if possible. Recipe and materials list will be provided in advance.
- During the pandemic, the group leader is helping others via email
Leader: Valerie Cowan, assisted by Roger Cookson
Do you enjoy wine and want to learn more about it in a relaxed and informal way? Then join our Wine Appreciation group and improve your knowledge.
From September, Valerie Cowan, a member of the Association of Wine Educators who has taught at The Institute, Morley College, and City Lit, will lead tasting sessions in Fellowship House on a monthly basis.
- Tasting sessions resume on 20 September
- Location: Fellowship House, 136a Willifield Way, London NW11 6YD
- When: Monday 2.30–4.00 pm
- Frequency: Usually third Monday of the month (4th Monday in November)
- All participants must have received both doses of a covid-19 vaccine (this is a requirement of Fellowship House, where the sessions are hosted)
When life gets back to normal, we hope to resume occasional outings, such as the one we made to Denbies Vineyard in Surrey on a glorious September day in 2018.
Groups Currently Inactive
Yeast Cookery & Pastry Making
Leader: Mary Whiting
Informal demonstration plus hands-on cooking sessions of some basic skills such as making bread, pastry, scones, mayonnaise, etc. Not a course as such, but one-off sessions. Dates and times to be arranged between the group leader and participants.