Computer Buddies Wanted!
If you would welcome some help with basic computing skills such as:
- Accessing and browsing the Internet
- Setting up an email account and sending emails
- Creating and saving files
- Opening attachments
- Internet banking and payments
- Security and passwords
Please let us know via the Contact page.
If you have these skills and wish to pass them to others as a “Buddy”, please leave a message on the Contact page.
Learn how to access the Internet, set up for sending and receiving emails and other helpful tips. Free training is available at the following locations in Barnet:
Locations and Timings:
- Arts Depot*, Nether Street N12 0GA – drop in on Thursdays, 10.30 – 12 noon
- Ann Owens Centre*, Oak Lane, N2 8LT – booking required
- Friary House*, Friary Park, N20 0NR – drop in on Thursdays, 10.00 – 12 noon
- Finchley Church End Library, 318-320 Gateway House, Regents Park Road, N3 2LN – Mondays 6 – 7 pm – booking required
- Five Bells Public House, East End Road, London, N2 0LZ weekly support session “computers and a cuppa” Tuesdays 2-4 pm
- HGS Community Library, Market Place; London NW11 – free computer use for one hour to library members when open
*Arranged through Age UK Barnet
Please use the form on our Contact Page to signify interest and information will be sent to you. Please state location preferred. We are interested in your feedback after using any of the above sources.
Using the iPad & iPhone
Leader: Betty Mason
This group is just for those who need basic help understanding the iPhone and iPad (not other tablets). We share problems and knowledge with each other. Help is offered on the use of emails, how to attach documents, and how to send photographs taken with the iPhone or iPad. We also learn how to download applications, and how to use them, as well as how to use Settings (getting the iPhone/iPad to do what you want).
- Next course: Please refer to Leader
- When: Tuesday 11 am – 12 noon
- Location: Leader’s home, N2 0EE
- Frequency: Weekly
- Equipment: Bring your own iPad/iPhone
- Number of places: 10