HGS U3A has entered a reciprocal partnership agreement with Middlesex University. The U3A’s liaison with the university is being coordinated by Emeritus Professor Lisa Woolfson, a member of HGS U3A. The first stage of our joint cooperation involves a series of lectures on psychology under the leadership of Professor Antonia Bifulco, Head of Middlesex University’s Department of Psychology. Future plans might include HGS U3A members working on research projects and mentoring students.
All sessions will be held in the Lecture Room, Model Farmhouse Barn 2 on Middlesex University’s Hendon Campus on Mondays at 4.00 – 5.30 pm. The Model Farmhouse is on Church End opposite The Greyhound pub. The 183 bus from Golders Green stops a 5-minute walk away (alight at Church End). Map (PDF file).
- 29 April Dr Fabia Franco & Dr Anthony Mangiacotti — Music, emotion regulation and cognition
- 13 May Prof Tom Dickins —Life history theory: calibrating to ecological circumstance
- 20 May Dr Andrea Oskis — Relationships across the lifespan: connection, disconnection and stress
- 3 June Dr David Westley — Building bounce-back-ability: the psychology of wellbeing and resilience
- 10 June — Dr Mark Coulson — Mindfulness and the ancient art of letting things be the way they are
- 17 June Dr Rhonda Cohen/Dr Anne Elliot — Physical activity as we get older — benefits and barriers
- 24 June Dr Emma Ward — Memory Matters: Preservation and enhancement over the lifespan
For more details about each lecture and presenter, please download the full programme in PDF format.
To register for this programme, please use the following form:
The lecture hall is capable of accommodating 50 people. If you have registered for this programme, but are unable to attend a session, please let the programme coordinator know as far as possible in advance so that your place can be offered to someone else.